On September 3rd, 1967, Sweden planned to switch from driving on the left side of the road to the right side. Known as “H Day,” the switch actually wasn’t as catastrophic as you might think, but there were some crazy traffic jams.
2. Swedes either did not get the memo…or decided to be rebels.
3. Someone should turn these photos into a new “Where’s Waldo?” volume.
4. This was the logo that accompanied the H Day campaign, which demonstrated the switch. The country had apparently been attempting to implement the change for over 40 years prior to the switch.
5. And traffic-themed songs were written around the time of the change…snappy!
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›