On September 3rd, 1967, Sweden planned to switch from driving on the left side of the road to the right side. Known as “H Day,” the switch actually wasn’t as catastrophic as you might think, but there were some crazy traffic jams.
3. Someone should turn these photos into a new “Where’s Waldo?” volume.
4. This was the logo that accompanied the H Day campaign, which demonstrated the switch. The country had apparently been attempting to implement the change for over 40 years prior to the switch.
5. And traffic-themed songs were written around the time of the change…snappy!
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›