1. My Kitten (1953)
This too-cute-for-words book was written by Patricia Scarry, Richard Scarry’s wife.
2. The Cat’s Pajamas (1982)
Test your knowledge with feline trivia covering “hissing and spitting,” cats and celebrities, cats in the news, and more.
3. Snuggles (1958)
Aww! Snuggles! Dressed up!
4. Star Ka’at (1976)
“An exciting rescue mission from outer space opens the way for a special friendship between two super cats and two courageous kids.”
6. Miss Sniff The Fuzzy Cat (1945)
Some of the pages feature flocked textures!
7. A Cat-Hater’s Handbook (1963)
An illustrated book with contributions by William Faulkner and Shel Silverstein.
8. The Little Kittens’ Nursery Rhymes (1941)
A book of nursery rhymes featuring illustrations of cats dressed up as each tale. Or should I say…tail. Har har har.
9. Letters From a Cat (1879)
A children’s book written from a cat’s perspective. You can read the whole thing on archive.org.
10. Cat Knits (1988)
“Designer knitter Melinda Cross was inspired by her five cats to create this stunning new collection of hand-knitted clothes.” Someone please make that sweater. And then mail it to us.
12. The Doll and the Kitten (1960)
A creepy children’s book featuring photos staged with a cat and “Edith, the lonely doll.”
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??
- An English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 0-1 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️