1. Here’s a 13-year-old Anastasia. You know, the youngest Romanov who was thought to have escaped her family’s execution? (Well, this has been disproved.)
Still, her life has been surrounded by myth and legend (thanks also to that 1997 animated movie which was AWESOME). Let’s take a closer look at just how haunting this photo is, which was taken in 1914.
2. Anastasia sent this photo along with a letter. She wrote: “I took this picture of myself looking at the mirror. It was very hard as my hands were trembling.”
3. What is that creepy, ghostly figure? Is it a sheet? Or someone else caught in the exposure?
4. Where is she? A kitchen? This room looks so normal and ordinary, definitely not like it belongs in a royal palace.
5. This face. What are you thinking???
No one will ever know.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.