1. Ronald McDonald was introduced in the 1960s…and THIS is what he looked like. The man had a cup for a nose. The cup nose is really freaking me out.
2. During this time, he was portrayed by Willard Scott, who was also known for being the Today Show weatherman.
3. Who also sometimes dressed as Boy George to deliver the forecast.
Al Levine / NBC / NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
(In the ’80s, obvi.)
4. Here is the very first commercial featuring Ronald, which aired in 1963.
5. In it, the first time we meet Ronald, he is watching TV in the dark. Which is not at all creepy.
6. In this one, he accosts a young boy on the street who rightfully says he’s not supposed to talk to strangers.
7. In this commercial, Ronald finally got a bit of a makeover to look more like the Ronald we know now. Still…scarred for life.
In The News Today
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›