1. Here is an incredibly cool thing…
The Boston Public Library apparently owns this scrapbook of Houdini ephemera and relics. The scrapbook was maintained between 1904 and 1926 by Houdini’s friend, Quincy Kilby.
2. Unlike an ordinary fan scrapbook, this one is filled with insider stuff.
3. Like Houdini’s prop list.
4. An original letter addressed to Houdini, offering him a challenge. (Which he appears to have executed.)
5. At right, photos of Houdini and Jack London sent to Houdini’s friend, Kilby, for safe keeping.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.