2. You don’t identify as being either Gen X or Gen Y, but when pressed, you’d rather be seen as a Gen Xer.
3. You feel your identity is slightly mixed up, like millennials are the bubbly, naive side of you, and Gen X is the cynical, pessimistic side.
4. You’re a Nirvana fan, but you weren’t old enough to go to a show (or your parents wouldn’t let you).
7. Gen X had The Electric Company, Gen Y had All That, but you had You Can’t Do That on Television.
10. Whenever Time has done one of these huge generation pieces, you never feel as though they’re talking about you.
13. And you didn’t get a cell phone until you were at least 22… Meanwhile, your little sister had already had one for a couple years.
15. You saw Reality Bites and were sure that that was what your early twenties was going to be like.
16. And then it totally was.
17. You may use OkCupid, but you’re paranoid that someone you know will see your profile.
21. You feel torn between valuing the old and completely embracing the new.
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›