1. You were born between 1975 and 1982.
2. You don’t identify as being either Gen X or Gen Y, but when pressed, you’d rather be seen as a Gen Xer.
3. You feel your identity is slightly mixed up, like millennials are the bubbly, naive side of you, and Gen X is the cynical, pessimistic side.
4. You’re a Nirvana fan, but you weren’t old enough to go to a show (or your parents wouldn’t let you).
5. You can’t name more than three ’90s Nickeleodeon shows.
7. Gen X had The Electric Company, Gen Y had All That, but you had You Can’t Do That on Television.
9. But filled out your college applications on a typewriter.
10. Whenever Time has done one of these huge generation pieces, you never feel as though they’re talking about you.
11. When you hear the word “turtle,” you think of this:
13. And you didn’t get a cell phone until you were at least 22… Meanwhile, your little sister had already had one for a couple years.
15. You saw Reality Bites and were sure that that was what your early twenties was going to be like.
16. And then it totally was.
17. You may use OkCupid, but you’re paranoid that someone you know will see your profile.
20. You were (and maybe still are) into New Kids on the Block.
21. You feel torn between valuing the old and completely embracing the new.
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›