1. If you’re an original Daveslave, this is the album that started it for you.
2. But this album was wicked cool. You are so into jam bands now.
3. Around 1996, you started realizing these songs were just, like, so friggin’ good.
4. If you were a girl, and they played “Crash” at the dance, you’d join hands with your friends and spin around trying to recreate this feeling.
8. If you were hardcore, you became obsessed with collecting live recordings — you could send blank CDs to other fans and they’d send them back with their recordings.
10. You momentarily thought about taking up rock violin.
12. You put DMB lyrics on any surface available to you.
13. You always wanted to make a pilgrimage to this Charlottesville, VA bar.
14. But you’d certainly travel miles just to hear 25+ minute versions of “#41”
15. And you liked these guys — it was awesome when they guys played with DMB.
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›