1. This colorful French mani offers just the teeniest, tiniest bit of festivity.
2. These hearts aren’t bleeding. They just have strong roots.
4. Here’s a creative thought — try forming words on separate hands.
5. Love the homemade look of these Valentine’s nails — they look just like classic sendables!
6. Here’s a red-and-pink tutorial you can do with binder stickies.
Get the rest of the tutorial here.
7. For the girl who doesn’t like to be too obvious.
Full instructions on this tutorial at So Nailicious.
8. An easier alternative to free-hand nail art: Hex’s gold-plated nail charms start at $1.50 each.
Check out Hex’s Valentine’s Day collection here.
10. Here’s another way to do a V-day mani without splashy colors: The Beauty Department has this clever tutorial which spells “love” in morse code.
Get more info on this tutorial here.
11. Take it back to high school and try out a look like this with a thin-tipped marker.
12. These reverse hearts are easy enough to manage.
If you can’t freehand them, you can try the hole punch sticker trick — see #6 — you might have to reposition and maneuver them a bit.
13. You can achieve this look with a top coat with tiny hearts.
14. Another take on the heartbeat design, with some added flair.
15. Aww! It apparently is possible for a manicure to say, “I can’t live without you.”
16. This cursive design feels elegant and natural.
18. Whoa. This candy hearts tutorial is super involved. But the result is pure awesome.
If you want to attempt it, head over to Polish Art Addict for more help.
19. Nice: A different V-Day-esque theme for every nail.
20. Not to worry — these chocolate boxes are actually decals you can get on Etsy.
Nail decals, $5 at Etsy.
21. This quirky look was created with nail stickers and rhinestones.
23. If nail art intimidates you, you can always opt for a coat of classic red. As for that tiny heart, you could even try drawing it in with a metallic calligraphy pen after your nails dry.
24. Here’s a brilliant modification of the ombre-sponge technique.
25. Another way to do something unique: Create words in an unexpected font.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›