1. Apparently vintage denim manufactured around 1940-1960 is worth a ton (to some people). Here’s a pair of 1950 Anniversary Levi Jeans on eBay. Can you guess how much they’re worth?
2. Go ahead, take a guess.
3. Wrong! They’re going for $8,000.
4. Check out these totally average-looking 1947 Levi’s 501XX jeans. Which can be yours for $5,750.
5. Um. These “RARE VTG LEVIS BIG E hidden rivet selvedge jeans” (which is eBay seller speak for “totally gross, dirty, nasty denim”) cost $899.
Also from the seller: “The Jeans are in vintage condition, they feel very old & brittle, I’m not sure if they could be worn without falling apart, but they are a great piece of Americana.”
6. Denim jackets from that era can also be worth quite a bit, like this 1950s Levi’s 507XX jacket, asking $1,200.
7. How about some weirdo denim accessories from the ’60s? Sure. Do you have $499?
8. But then there are some really cool things like this. A 1920s Lee Jeans salesman sample! It is so mini and wee! Its price is not: $3,000.
So. Any denim fans have a couple grand lying around? Give those dollars to me. I will take it and acquire…so many other things for you.