1. First thing’s first: Here’s how to do an ombre effect with loose nail glitter. You can do it on the tips of your nails, or from the bottom up.
Full instructions at The Beauty Department.
2. Applying all-over glitter is shockingly simple.
Just apply a coat of clear and dip your nails. For a raw look, don’t even do a clear topcoat!
3. One way to do a gradient effect is to make your base ombre (using your normal nail polish) and apply a coat or two of glitter over the nail.
4. Another way to get ombre loveliness: combine two different shades of glitter.
5. Also, ombre nails don’t have to go up and down — why not switch up the direction like this:
6. For a messier look, try this half-dipped technique.
More details at Kouture Kiss.
7. To get a glazed look, you can try applying glitter nail polish FIRST, then topping with an opaque lacquer.
8. Can’t find the EXACT glitter polish you want? You can definitely make your own.
The Beauty Department knows a great DIY recipe.