1. Who is Papa Elf talking to in the opening scene?
Is someone making a documentary about Buddy’s life? If yes, when and where is it airing because I want to watch it.
2. How come there aren’t more careers for elves?
Do teenage elves at least have their own version of Rumspringa so they can decide whether they even want one of those three career paths/lives?
3. What happened when the orphanage discovered Buddy’s empty crib in the morning?
Losing a child is a pretty big deal. Did the nun who put him to bed get fired? (Can you fire nuns?)
4. Why can’t the elves make Buddy human-sized things?
They make human-sized toys. They can make a rocking horse in like five minutes. A bigger bed shouldn’t be too hard, right?
5. What is a “cotton-headed ninny-muggins”?
What’s the Elvish derivation of this slur?
6. How did Buddy’s mom, Susan Wells, die? :(
7. How does Buddy survive his journey to NYC when he travels on foot, with no shelter, and no food?
8. Speaking of which…what was Buddy’s path? Where is the Sea of Swirly Twirly Gum Drops? Off the coast of Canada?
9. Is Buddy malnourished? Because this is apparently what he grew up eating.
Furthermore, how is he a) not obese and b) apparently in possession of a healthy set of teeth?
11. What are South Pole elves like?
Clearly, South Pole elves have more of a temper. What’s their beef?
12. How is Jovie able to afford living in Manhattan on a department store elf salary?
From what we can tell, Jovie lives alone in Chinatown. That would cost a lot of money, even in 2003.
13. Is this man in the red hat some crazy stalker?
14. Isn’t Jovie kind of the mentally imbalanced one?
People at first think Buddy has some psychological damage…but actually, we realize he has an excuse for his childish behavior considering the circumstances of his childhood. Jovie, on the other hand, is somehow attracted to a man who thinks he’s an elf.
15. How is everyone in New York watching NY1 at the same time on Christmas Eve?
It must have been their best night in ratings.
16. Once Santa leaves NYC — fully powered by Christmas spirit on the Clausometer — will his sleigh still fly?
Because the whole world can’t be watching NY1…right? What happens when he flies over New Jersey where there’s no Christmas spirit?