And now, for your enjoyment, a collection of photographs from the 1930s through the 1960s that may make you see just how terrifying DIY can be…
2. This is like the 1930s equivalent of dressing up with your friends as the Spice Girls to go trick-or-treating.
3. You know that kid in the bunny mask just stood in a corner of this 1950s Halloween party and breathed heavily. Which means he’s awesome.
5. The ever-popular Batman costume, here in 1955. And even…homemade? You rock.
6. This cute coven of witches understands the profound awesomeness of group costumes.
7. Back in the ’40s, a railroad engineer was a totally viable costume. Now, it’d be ironic. CC: Hipsters.
8. Is he a cop or a cowboy? A copboy? Genius. Bet you never thought of that one.
9. Proof that attitude needs to match your costume. I can hear this baby cheerleader’s screams…even some 70 years later.
10. This 1950s girl reminds us that you can rock a simple costume. Just remember: Accessorize!
11. The long face only adds to the complexity and thoughtfulness of his cowboy costume.
12. For these 1960s kids dressed as a queen, a clown, and a cat — I give these classic costumes an A.
13. That girl with the Unicef box? Definitely bringing home more pennies than you.
15. Caped kids learning a Batman dance in 1966. ‘Cause your Halloween moves should be just as rad as your look.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- And it's Super Bowl Sunday. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈🙌