1. For those who have not passed Awesome Things Of The Nineties 101, X-Girl was a clothing line created by Sonic Youth member Kim Gordon and stylist Daisy von Furth.
It’s become something of a cult memory for cool, downtown types and fashion followers.
2. Nowness has posted a previously unseen short film, a 1995 video campaign for X-Girl by Phil Morrison. It is…weird.
3. Chloë Sevigny was the main star (she was basically the face of X-Girl) and the film attempted to do a sort of artsy French New Wave thing.
4. Which involved Chloë making farting noises with her mouth. (A lot of them.)
5. And asking this French man a series of questions about beer, breasts, diplomacy, and morning-after pills.
6. And sneaking into a Marc Jacobs fashion show where we run into Naomi Campbell and Ethan Hawke.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.