1. For those who have not passed Awesome Things Of The Nineties 101, X-Girl was a clothing line created by Sonic Youth member Kim Gordon and stylist Daisy von Furth.
It’s become something of a cult memory for cool, downtown types and fashion followers.
2. Nowness has posted a previously unseen short film, a 1995 video campaign for X-Girl by Phil Morrison. It is…weird.
3. Chloë Sevigny was the main star (she was basically the face of X-Girl) and the film attempted to do a sort of artsy French New Wave thing.
4. Which involved Chloë making farting noises with her mouth. (A lot of them.)
5. And asking this French man a series of questions about beer, breasts, diplomacy, and morning-after pills.
6. And sneaking into a Marc Jacobs fashion show where we run into Naomi Campbell and Ethan Hawke.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›