5. Expectation: This is your idea of a “working writer.”
Reality: You’ve written something that is in fact completely confusing. And now you have to revise for, like, a million years.
15. Expectation: Your daydreams of sharing your work at literary salons or at readings look like this.
17. Expectation: You are going to be the voice of your generation.
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."