1. The first McDonald’s opened in Russia in January of 1990. It was apparently a really big deal as a Big Mac might have cost a day’s salary.
5. Here, a sign of Disney’s presence in Moscow. Interestingly, around this time in the U.S., a proposal was being made to create a Soviet Union Pavilion in Disney World’s Epcot Center. It never happened.
7. Pizza Hut also came to Russia in 1990.
8. A Camel sign…everyone was smoking. Currently, four in 10 Russians still smoke and a ban was actually recently enacted.
10. So much America going on right here.
All pics via vintage.es. Head over there to check out lots more!