1. When people wore chopsticks in their hair like Hilary Duff at the 2002 Kids’ Choice Awards.
Frank Micelotta / Getty Images
2. When Mandarin went matchy-matchy (you could even have a matching handkerchief headband).
3. The dragons that graced one too many a strapless dress. (And the chokers that were obligatorily worn with them.)
4. When the Olsen girls started wearing these shiny dresses.
5. Don’t lie: You wore one of these Chinese takeout purses to your Spring Formal.
8. When people got these Chinese calligraphy tattoos…but most of the time had no idea what the fuck they had just permanently written on their bodies.
9. All the times Sarah Michelle Gellar/Buffy wore a dress like this. All the times Angel thought she looked hot in a dress like this.
11. Madonna! Nooo, not you too! (This is her in 1995 at the AMAs.)
Diane Freed / Getty Images
12. And Rachel Green? Wow, you’re really going for it in this episode of “Friends” and it was already 2003…weren’t people over this yet?
13. AHHH;aljoweijfaowjeraj Claire Danes. Here’s a reminder that the Mandarin-esque thing often came with spiky mini-bun hair.
Ron Galella, Ltd. / Getty Images
14. Oh, God. Remember these sheer, mesh tops just slathered in dragon graphics?
15. And the unavoidable consequence of wearing one of these dresses, as demonstrated by Tea Leoni in 2001, was the crotch area wrinklefest that happened the moment you sat down.
Vince Bucci / Getty Images
We've got your WKND covered.
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›