1. Hello Kitty made her debut in 1974. Which makes her 38-years-old in people years.
Remarkably, she has not aged a day.
3. Her birthday is November 1st, making her a Scorpio.
Scorpios are known to be serious, curious, and fearless.
4. Hello Kitty is in fact British.
Although she was conceived of by the Japanese company Sanrio, her backstory explains that she was born in a suburb outside of London.
5. Her full name is actually “Kitty White.” I know. What?!
No relation to Walter White of Breaking Bad.
6. She’s a Japanese bobtail cat.
7. Hello Kitty (or Hello White or whoever you are!) has no mouth. The reason, according to Sanrio…
“Hello Kitty speaks from her heart. She’s Sanrio’s ambassador to the world and isn’t bound to any particular language.”
8. Her blood type is A.
9. Her parents’ names are George and Mary. And she has a twin sister named Mimmy.
10. Her height is “five apples” and her weight is “three apples.”
Which, according to our calculations, makes her about 1 foot and 8 inches tall and puts her weight at 1.5 lbs.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›