I suck. And the lakers suck ðŸ˜’— BELLAuuhhGEE:)
The Lakers are 0-4! Celebrate! *
- A few small disclaimers:
1. They’re 0-4 in the preseason, which, just like in football, doesn’t mean a damn thing. These are basically glorified scrimmages that the NBA puts on TV so we can pretend that our teams have unlocked that last, secret door that stood between them and an NBA championship: “OH HELL YEAH, I MEAN, YOU JUST DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH OF AN X-FACTOR JOSH CHILDRESS IS GOING TO BE FOR US THIS YEAR.” (Josh Childress currently plays for the Hoboken Nets. I mean, the Staten Island Nets. I mean, the Bronx Nets. Dammit.)
2. Most of these guys have played together for all of about 37 seconds. The Lakeshow totally revamped its roster this offseason, retaining only Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace, Kobe Bryant, Jordan Hill, Devin Ebanks, Steve Blake, Andrew Goudelock, and Darius Morris (?) from the 2011-12 squad. So when Robert Sacre (BLEU), Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, and Jodie Meeks all start one or more of these preseason games, and none of them have ever played together, there’s bound to be some growing pains.
L.A. Lakers suck ass how do you go 0-4 in pre-season with the best line up smh— devin estrada
3. Minutes played per game by the five presumed Lakers opening day starters:
Pau Gasol: 19
Metta World Peace: 25
Steve Nash: 19
Kobe Bryant: 24.25
Dwight Howard: 0
Also, it should be clarified that of those 24.25 minutes per game on the floor, Kobe’s been spending 18.75 of them thinking about Smush Parker.
dude the lakers suck ass right now, we need to step it up, i know its pre season but still …— Diego Huerta
4. Overall, the team has shot below 40% in every single one of these preseason games, which is highly unlikely to remain the case in the regular season. Last year’s worst-shooting team, the Charlotte Bobcats — surprise! — still managed 41.4% from the field, and the league average was 44.8%.
Kobe is old, nash is old, dwight can’t shoot, lakers suck :) #HaterLakerNation!!— â™Ž
5. What these games do call attention to is a potential problem of depth that could face the Lakers if — more like when — their aged core of Bryant, Nash, Peace, and Gasol deal with injuries. Antawn Jamison has been terrible, going 8-29 from the floor over the course of the four games, and the only players to score in double-digits outside the core have been Devin Ebanks, Jordan Hill, and Jodie Meeks.
lakers suck! warriors didnt have stephen curry and they still beat them— Darren Harris
6. Dwight Howard hasn’t played yet. We’re all still doomed.
7. If there’s anyone who can screw this up, though, it’s Mike Brown.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.