1. On 4th down, in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, with the 49ers trailing by five points, they took their last shot at the endzone.
2. The pass sailed over Michael Crabtree’s head, all but sealing the Ravens’ eventual win. But was there a hold? Did Jimmy Smith hold Crabtree? The refs didn’t think so.
3. John Harbaugh didn’t think so…
4. But his brother Jim certainly did.
5. Look at that photo again!
6. Look at it in motion!
7. Look at it using our rubbable GIF to see! Watch Smith’s left hand on Crabtree’s jersey.
8. So what’s the call? Was it holding (which would have given the Niners another shot), or did the refs get it right?
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️