1. On 4th down, in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, with the 49ers trailing by five points, they took their last shot at the endzone.
2. The pass sailed over Michael Crabtree’s head, all but sealing the Ravens’ eventual win. But was there a hold? Did Jimmy Smith hold Crabtree? The refs didn’t think so.
3. John Harbaugh didn’t think so…
4. But his brother Jim certainly did.
5. Look at that photo again!
6. Look at it in motion!
7. Look at it using our rubbable GIF to see! Watch Smith’s left hand on Crabtree’s jersey.
8. So what’s the call? Was it holding (which would have given the Niners another shot), or did the refs get it right?
In The News Today
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›