With 8 minutes left in the first half of a crucial regular season game, the Jets decided to let Tim Tebow have a drive to himself. Tebow has barely played the last few weeks thanks to injuries.
2. It actually started off OK: Tebow ran for a first down! Wheee!
3. All right, Tim, let’s see what you can do.
4. Not your best effort. Here, try and just run up the middle again, since that couldn’t possibly go wrong.
5. Tebow didn’t manage to get the third-down snap off in time, so there was a delay of game penalty. As you can see, Rex Ryan was very pleased.
6. 3rd and 16 — you’ve got this, Tebow. You’ve — ah, forget it.
7. Here’s video of the whole sequence, if you’d like to live it in real time.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.