With 8 minutes left in the first half of a crucial regular season game, the Jets decided to let Tim Tebow have a drive to himself. Tebow has barely played the last few weeks thanks to injuries.
2. It actually started off OK: Tebow ran for a first down! Wheee!
3. All right, Tim, let’s see what you can do.
4. Not your best effort. Here, try and just run up the middle again, since that couldn’t possibly go wrong.
5. Tebow didn’t manage to get the third-down snap off in time, so there was a delay of game penalty. As you can see, Rex Ryan was very pleased.
6. 3rd and 16 — you’ve got this, Tebow. You’ve — ah, forget it.
7. Here’s video of the whole sequence, if you’d like to live it in real time.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️