1. This is Brandon Knight. No, not the one in the yellow jersey. That’s Kyrie Irving. Brandon Knight’s in white, getting filleted by Irving’s crossover during All-Star Weekend in February.
2. So, Brandon Knight was already having a rough year. But it got worse. It got worse because he was the victim of what might be the greatest dunk of this NBA season, at the hands of giant human DeAndre Jordan.
3. Jordan is 6’11”, and Knight is 6’3”, so it’s pretty impressive that he tried to block the dunk at all. But… but. He was obliterated. He is now no longer living.
5. Just look at Knight after the dunk goes down. He’s lying there, powerless. He has seen the gaping maw of life, and it is getting dunked on.
6. Help him up, guys. Those are good teammates right there.
7. I mean — don’t you feel bad for him? I feel bad for him. I feel bad for him, and I just spent an hour having an image of that dunk tattooed onto my forehead.
8. And just like — the way everyone reacted. These kids. These kids were going H.A.M. They know.
9. Blake Griffin had to be restrained by his coach, he was so moved by the whole thing. (And Blake Griffin knows what it’s like to make another player disappear.)
10. Caron Butler, who looks like Voldemort, was just like, “oh damn.”
11. And DeAndre Jordan? Well — you know you got ruined when even the guy who did it feels bad.
12. Here’s video of the whole sequence, so you can relive it in full.
13. At the very least, though, Knight had a good sense of humor about the fact that he no longer exists on this earthly plane. He tweeted this after the game.
It wasn’t in the scouting reports that the clippers threw lobs lol— Brandon E Knight
14. lol indeed, Brandon.
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›