1. The Patriots were already up 35-7 going into the fourth quarter against the AFC-leading Texans when Tom Brady threw a dump-off pass to Danny Woodhead out of the backfield.
2. Woodhead, a tiny running back known for his agility, makes a few guys miss and turns the play into a nice gain.
3. However, the Texans’ tremendous defensive lineman, J.J. Watt, comes from behind and forces a fumble. HOWEVER, however, Patriot Brandon Lloyd recovers it in the end zone. Weird touchdown!
4. The Pats score through a combination of luck — the ball takes a perfect bounce — and a heads-up play by Lloyd, who gets going as soon as Woodhead fumbles.
5. On a night where absolutely nothing was going right for the Texans, this play served as a fitting coda.
6. Here’s video of the play. The Patriots ended up winning 42-12, moving to 10-3, and handing the Texans only their second loss of the season.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›