1. This is Iowa State’s pep band, performing during the NCAA tournament. Like any good pep band, they don’t just play instruments â€” they also harass the opposing team.
2. And during Iowa State’s second-round tournament game against Ohio State, the band has been unleashing some primo chants during Ohio State free throws. See if you can figure out what they’re saying here.
First free throw: “You’re shooting a greasy bowling ball.”
Second free throw: either “Quiet he’s shooting a free throw” or “Why are you shooting a free throw?”
USA Today’s Mike Lopresti has a few more, including my personal favorite, “There is no hoop.”
Interestingly enough, opinions on Twitter are very mixed.
4. Some people are ready to freak out:
9. While others are feeling it:
13. This guy, though: he gets it. This is the prototypical March Madness tweet.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, the AP reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›