1. Stephen Curry hit 11 threes — the most by any player in a 50-point game — during last night’s loss to the Knicks. Here’s one of them, or three of the 54 total points he scored.
2. And Curry was inspired by this particular three. Inspired enough to go flying down the court, arms limp and akimbo, completely missing this proffered high five.
3. Let’s see that again. He either doesn’t see it or ignores it or just has no time for that high five. That is exquisite and bizarre and makes me happy.
4. And thanks to NBA.com for then posing Curry’s deranged shimmying next to a classic video of his now coach, Mark Jackson, prancing down the court in celebration back in the Dark Ages.
5. Shine on, Stephen Curry. Shine on.
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›