1. Aly Raisman Instagrammed (Instagrammed? Instagrammed) this photo of her, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross being very not impressed by the fact that the pool was closed.
Of course, this is based off of the raging “McKayla Is Not Impressed” meme that has consumed the world since Maroney’s second-place finish in the vault.
In all seriousness, I’m hugely impressed by Maroney’s good-hearted embrace of the meme. When she scowled upon receiving that silver medal, it made for a great image. But in reality, her reaction showed what it feels like to be a 17-year-old whose greatness everyone has already taken for granted. I think Maroney’s showing a lot of maturity by goofing around with this.
Also, it’s just funny as hell.
2. Oh, and by the way: Mitt? Paul?
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›