1. Aly Raisman Instagrammed (Instagrammed? Instagrammed) this photo of her, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross being very not impressed by the fact that the pool was closed.
Of course, this is based off of the raging “McKayla Is Not Impressed” meme that has consumed the world since Maroney’s second-place finish in the vault.
In all seriousness, I’m hugely impressed by Maroney’s good-hearted embrace of the meme. When she scowled upon receiving that silver medal, it made for a great image. But in reality, her reaction showed what it feels like to be a 17-year-old whose greatness everyone has already taken for granted. I think Maroney’s showing a lot of maturity by goofing around with this.
Also, it’s just funny as hell.
2. Oh, and by the way: Mitt? Paul?
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸