1. On Sunday, Lil Wayne went to the Lakers-Heat game. He got kicked out because he was cheering for the Lakers, he says. Then he tweeted about it.
So I’m @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?! Wow! F#â‚¬k da Heat— Lil Wayne WEEZY F
2. What really makes the story, though, is this Instagram photo, posted by user dreamteammiami. LIL WAYNE IS VERY INCREDULOUS ABOUT YOUR ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION.
3. HOWEVER, someone sitting near Wayne at the game had a different version of events, in which the rapper suggested he had a gun? Or that he’d shoot another fan? Or have him shot?
LOL @LilTunechi saying he got kicked out #MiamiHEAT game for being a #lakers fan. Its cuz he made a gun gesture at someone. Around white ppl— SeÃ±or Danny Vega
@EthanJSkolnick he made a gun gesture towards a fan in the crowd. That’s why they made him leave— SeÃ±or Danny Vega
Which runs in stark contrast to recent comments Wayne made, in which he called a gun arrest in 2010 one of the biggest regrets of his life, a realization he came to because of the Sandy Hook shooting.
But then the plot thickens AGAIN. (The plot is now thicker than cough syrup.)
This picture isn’t from the game, by the way — so far as we know, Tom Arnold was not present for the incident in question. Via Adi Joseph at USA Today Sports.
7. Lil Wayne: the most confusing public figure we have left.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.