1. The Miami Heat are colloquially known as the “Flying Death Machine.” If you’re wondering why, look no further than the GIF below.
Ray Allen hurls the ball from near half court to the leaping Dwyane Wade, who’s too far from the hoop to do much on his own. Instead, D-Wade tosses the ball in front of the rim — as he’s traveling past it, mind you; that’s no small feat on its own — and LeBron’s perfectly set up to finish the double alley-oop. A play like this requires timing, control, and freakish athleticism; fortunately, those are things the Heat have in surplus.
3. Here’s video of the play. The Heat, #2 in the East, are tied with the #1 Knicks 53-53 at halftime.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️