1. This is Kim Sears, an English Lit grad, painter, and Andy Murray’s girlfriend of half a decade.
During today’s Wimbledon final, Twitter discovered Sears in a big way. Mixed among the usual lewd considerations of beautiful women that Twitter tends to produce, there was another common theme: with a girlfriend like this, Andy Murray doesn’t have the right to be sad, even though he just lost his fourth major final and missed his chance to become the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936.
23. Unfortunately, some people also used it as a chance to take a dig at Roger Federer’s wife, Miroslava Federer.
25. At least one fellow pro athlete weighed in, though: Phoenix Suns draft pick and former UNC standout Kendall Marshall.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›