1. This is Kim Sears, an English Lit grad, painter, and Andy Murray’s girlfriend of half a decade.
During today’s Wimbledon final, Twitter discovered Sears in a big way. Mixed among the usual lewd considerations of beautiful women that Twitter tends to produce, there was another common theme: with a girlfriend like this, Andy Murray doesn’t have the right to be sad, even though he just lost his fourth major final and missed his chance to become the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936.
23. Unfortunately, some people also used it as a chance to take a dig at Roger Federer’s wife, Miroslava Federer.
25. At least one fellow pro athlete weighed in, though: Phoenix Suns draft pick and former UNC standout Kendall Marshall.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.