1. This is Kim Sears, an English Lit grad, painter, and Andy Murray’s girlfriend of half a decade.
During today’s Wimbledon final, Twitter discovered Sears in a big way. Mixed among the usual lewd considerations of beautiful women that Twitter tends to produce, there was another common theme: with a girlfriend like this, Andy Murray doesn’t have the right to be sad, even though he just lost his fourth major final and missed his chance to become the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936.
23. Unfortunately, some people also used it as a chance to take a dig at Roger Federer’s wife, Miroslava Federer.
25. At least one fellow pro athlete weighed in, though: Phoenix Suns draft pick and former UNC standout Kendall Marshall.
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›