1. Austin Rehkow, a senior at Central Valley High School in Washington, kicked a 67-yard(!!!!) game-tying field goal last night
To put that in perspective: no kicker in the NFL has ever kicked a field goal longer than 63 yards, and that’s only happened three times. Rehkow outdid that by a full four yards. That is insane. Apparently, there have been three other kicks longer than 67 yards by high-school kickers, but none in over a decade. And although Rehkow doesn’t currently have any full scholarship offers, that could change after this.
3. Check it out: here’s where Central Valley lined up for the kick. They haven’t even crossed midfield yet.
4. And here’s the razor-thin margin by which he cleared the crossbar.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".