The Titans’ offense has been a disaster this season. Against the Jaguars, though, they found a solution to this problem: don’t play offense.
2. With 2:00 left in the first half, trailing by 7, Zach Brown picked off a Chad Henne pass and took it 79 yards for a touchdown.
3. Only a minute and 12 seconds later, the Titans forced the Jaguars to go three-and-out. Darius Reynaud returned the punt 69 yards for another score.
4. Halftime was of no help to Jacksonville. After receiving the opening kickoff, the Jags again went three-and-out, and again Reynaud took the punt all the way, this time traveling 81 yards.
5. Reynaud’s one of the best players on the feckless Titans; plays like this are a pretty good example of why.
6. Finally, two plays later, Chad Henne was intercepted by Zach Brown AGAIN. Brown only had to go 30 yards for the points this time.
7. Here’s video of the four touchdowns.
8. In sum: 28 unanswered points in about five minutes of game time by two players on zero offensive plays. Not a bad way to end the season, Tennessee.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative heart of the U.S. Supreme Court for more than a decade, has died. He was 79.
- Scalia was the current court's longest-serving justice, having been nominated in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan.
- Republicans are extremely unlikely to confirm anyone that President Obama nominates in the final months of his second term.