1. This afternoon, ESPN aired an interview between Manti Te’o and journalist Gene Wojciechowski from October 2 regarding Teo’s deceased girlfriend, Lennay Kekua. Wojciechowski then discussed today’s revelation that she does not exist.
Here’s the full story of Manti Te’o and his fake girlfriend, which he’s calling a hoax he fell victim to.
2. Some of the most notable quotes:
He described her as the “most beautiful girl I’ve ever met” and “someone that you talk to every single day.”
“You have to question his judgment, his character, his honesty, even.”
“Short of asking to see a death certificate, i’m not sure what most people would do differently in that case. But in researching it before I wrote the script, I remember trying to find an obituary for his girlfriend and could not.”
Wojciechowski asked to speak to Kekua’s family and see photos of her and Te’o said her family would prefer not to.
Wojciechowski wondered why Notre Dame didn’t get ahead of the story.
- The first group of what is expected to be several thousand refugees arrived in Germany after a delayed journey through Hungary and Austria. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›