1. These are the men of Florida Gulf Coast University. FGCU pulled off a huge upset Friday when they beat #2-seed Georgetown as a #15 seed, but they weren’t done.
2. Florida Gulf Coast had the chance to be the first #15 to ever make the Sweet 16, and they took it. The Eagles beat #7-seed San Diego State 81-71, making history in their first-ever trip to the Dance.
3. As it became clear that FGCU would take the day, players started wilding out. Here’s junior guard Christophe Varidel doing an Eagle dance in honor of the school’s nickname. It’s the best thing in the whole world.
4. And after the win was sealed up, the team burst into the locker room going absolutely bonkers.
5. The manager in particular, who was front and center, really went for it.
6. Then coach Andy Enfield got a water-bottle shower. This is what March Madness is all about, guys.
7. FGCU will play Florida in the Sweet 16.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸