1. Say, “hi” to David Akers, the 49ers’ field-goal kicker.
During the Super Bowl, David Akers missed a short field goal, but he got another chance because of a running into the kicker penalty. He hit the second chance.
3. You can see the play that led to that penalty below. Look closely. No, closer. Even closer. Does Akers actually get hit? Or… did he DIVE?
4. Akers definitely made out like he did, grimacing as he returned to the field for the kickoff. Either way, the 49ers got three points.
5. But Akers didn’t get what he really deserved…
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.