1. Say, “hi” to David Akers, the 49ers’ field-goal kicker.
During the Super Bowl, David Akers missed a short field goal, but he got another chance because of a running into the kicker penalty. He hit the second chance.
3. You can see the play that led to that penalty below. Look closely. No, closer. Even closer. Does Akers actually get hit? Or… did he DIVE?
4. Akers definitely made out like he did, grimacing as he returned to the field for the kickoff. Either way, the 49ers got three points.
5. But Akers didn’t get what he really deserved…
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite. Some critics think it was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- And Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈