1. Here’s a quick look at the beautiful cross from Joao Moutinho, who, after touching the ball away from a Czech defender, sent it looping into the box.
2. And here’s the goal. Ronaldo headed in a perfect cross from Joao Moutinho 79 minutes into the game to put Portugal up 1-0.
3. Ronaldo then made a savvy run toward the ball and connected in a way that made it near-impossible for Cech to make the save.
4. Immediately afterward, our courageous goalscorer did something weird with his hands? I don’t know.
5. This woman was really happy, and she danced with a Portuguese flag.
6. You might hate Ronaldo, but he doesn’t care.
Portugal will meet the winner of Spain vs. France in the Euro 2012 semifinals.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›