2. If this is true — and why wouldn’t it be? — then gotDAMN, Pete Hughes:
Had a heart attack 2nights ago.Drove myself to the hospital. Good thing I had my What Would Chuck Norris Do bracelet on!#blessed #hokietuff
Just imagine being one of Hughes’ baseball players at Virginia Tech.
“Coach, my throat hurts today. And I have an econ exam tomorrow. And my girlfriend just called me. Can I leave practice early?”
“I had a heart attack and drove myself to the hospital.”
“I’ll grab my glove.”
Even Chuck Norris appreciates the shoutout.
Be well, Coach Hughes.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️