2. First, Kluwe explained what it is, exactly, he does as an NFL punter.
4. Of course, he eventually broached the subject he might be best known for: his outspoken advocacy for LGBT rights and marriage equality.
(He also wore sandals. And a beanie. On national TV.)
The best moment of the interview came when Colbert joined two separate strains of thought: gun control and gay rights.
6. Colbert jokingly asks if gay people should be allowed to own guns. Kluwe says as a rejoinder, well, if people in pride parades were carrying AR-15s —
7. Colbert’s response: “I wouldn’t throw rocks at a pride parade! I’d throw glitter!”
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?