1. Terrell Gausha, of Cleveland, went into the third round down 8-7. He needed to do something.
2. In the Olympics, though, a knockdown just counts as a landed punch. Nothing was guaranteed… until Gausha knocked Armenian Andranik Hakobyan down again.
The referee stopped the fight, though there was some confusion in the ring. But Gausha’s second knockdown was enough to earn him the 2012 Olympics’ first knockout and a trip to the middleweight round of 16.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.