1. Terrell Gausha, of Cleveland, went into the third round down 8-7. He needed to do something.
2. In the Olympics, though, a knockdown just counts as a landed punch. Nothing was guaranteed… until Gausha knocked Armenian Andranik Hakobyan down again.
The referee stopped the fight, though there was some confusion in the ring. But Gausha’s second knockdown was enough to earn him the 2012 Olympics’ first knockout and a trip to the middleweight round of 16.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲