1. Terrell Gausha, of Cleveland, went into the third round down 8-7. He needed to do something.
2. In the Olympics, though, a knockdown just counts as a landed punch. Nothing was guaranteed… until Gausha knocked Armenian Andranik Hakobyan down again.
The referee stopped the fight, though there was some confusion in the ring. But Gausha’s second knockdown was enough to earn him the 2012 Olympics’ first knockout and a trip to the middleweight round of 16.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."