1. During today’s Elite Eight game against Duke, Louisville’s Kevin Ware sustained a broken leg that was one of the most gruesome in sports history. Players on the floor, both Duke and Louisville, looked horrified.
6. Here’s Ware’s coach, Rick Pitino, in tears over the injury.
7. Ware left the stadium on a stretcher. He was reportedly taken to the emergency room with what Lousiville announced as a broken leg.
8. Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann, who sustained a similarly gruesome leg injury during his career, sent Ware his sympathies.
Watching Duke/ Louisville my heart goes out to Kevin Ware.— Joe Theismann
9. Here’s video of the injury as it happened. WARNING: This video is incredibly graphic.
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina in connection with a corruption case involving the highest levels of the government. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›