1. After hearing that Robin Williams died on Monday, 29-year-old Boston resident Nick Rabchenuk decided to head over to the Boston Public Gardens.
2. He wanted to bring flowers to the famous bench where Williams’ character sits with Matt Damon’s character in Good Will Hunting.
“When we got there, there were two guys sitting on the bench,” Rabchenuk told BuzzFeed. “As we were talking, another couple came by and we all started chatting. I got out my chalk, my girlfriend wrote the ‘BANGARANG’ and the Ferngully line.”
3. “I wrote the line from Good Will Hunting and traced my feet to represent his when he was sitting on the bench,” he said.
4. Rabchenuk told BuzzFeed, “That one scene on the bench is arguably one of the best scenes of any movie made in the last 50 years. It’s so simple and straightforward, it just hits you right in the gut.”
5. A bunch of strangers all had the same idea to memorialize the late Robin Williams, and now they hope that others will do the same.
“I just hope people will leave thoughts about not only Robin Williams as an actor, and their favorite memories of him and his characters, but also thoughts about that particular scene, and how it speaks to people,” Rabchenuk said.
6. “I think what I will miss about him the most is what he brings out in others through his own way of storytelling and comedic delivery.”
7. “I hope everyone remembers Sean Maguire.”