1. Ever since Ja Rule and Ashanti first collaborated in 2001, they were a musical match made in heaven.
2. The duo went on to create many a classic together.
3. And came up with all of our favorite anthems from the early ’00s.
4. Like, “Always On Time.”
6. And “The Pledge.”
7. And they gave some pretty epic live performances.
8. Not to mention, their music videos were always on point.
9. They knew that no other combination of artists could compete with their charm and skill.
10. And happily hopped on each other’s tracks, skyrocketing to the top of the charts together.
11. But they didn’t just have good chemistry together in the studio and on stage.
12. Their mass appeal transcended musical talent and success.
13. Fans also love Ja Rule and Ashanti because of their seemingly authentic friendship.
14. Thanks, in large part, to their extreme loyalty to each other.
15. They always acted like they genuinely enjoyed each other’s company.
16. No one ever questioned their true allegiances or devotion to each other.
17. Since they made it clear they’d always have each other’s backs.
18. And never hid their affection and respect for one another.
20. Ja Rule and Ashanti’s collaborations AND friendship are one of the best things the ’00s gave us.
21. Now, it’s time for a reunion please!
- At least eight people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›