1. Add disco patches.
Worn-out elbows are best patched up with sequins and sparkles!
2. Foil your bag.
Say goodbye to that dingy leather bag! A few strategically placed gold foil splashes give your tote a fresh new look.
3. Turn a sweatshirt into a sweat-skirt.
Add some elastic to the neckline, use the arms as a tie and you’ve got yourself a cozy little skirt with minimal sewing effort!
4. Double your stripes.
Turn ill-fitting tees from Grandma into an adorable tube skirt that you’ll actually wear.
5. Transform a shirt from His to Hers.
Oversized button-ups are the perfect drawing board for fun top alterations.
6. Stamp it out.
Stain on your skirt? Nbd, just grab a few stamps and some fabric paint and create your own abstract cover up!
7. In-vest in your interests.
Everyone loves a good drapey layer and it’s super easy to turn an old tee it into a sleek vest.
8. Add room to breathe.
A pretty ingenious way to turn an old cardigan into an interesting new top!
9. Max out.
Mixing and matching old shirts is a great way to create an eye-catching colorblocked piece, like a maxi dress or skirt!
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.