1. Peel ginger with a spoon.
2. Stick a cheese keeper in a box with your cheese to make it last longer.
The food-safe baked clay of the cheese keeper regulates moisture inside the container to keep your hard cheese from drying out, or your soft cheeses from turning into mush.
3. Pour sauces and batter with ease with a slip-on heat-resistant silicone spout.
4. Remove bits of eggshell with an eggshell. The jagged edge will cut through the gooey egg white. Make sure you’re using an intact piece.
5. These rubber covers turn any bowl into a storage container — and sometimes eliminate the need for a container completely.
6. Up your PB&J game with some ingenious spreaders, like this double-sided one that prevents mixing or this foldable one for easy scooping.
7. Sharpen your knives on the underside of a plate, mug, or anything else ceramic with an edge. CAREFULLY.
8. Install a magnetic spice rack if you have limited cupboard space.
Bonus: Keeping your spices in view makes it easy to track when you’re low on something. You can also make it yourself.
9. Get recipes just right with a digital measuring cup.
10. Clean the baked-on grease off your pans by heating them over a stove and then placing in hot water for 10 minutes.
11. This nifty contraption gives you a place to rest the lid and your cooking utensil, so you don’t have to get your counters messy.
12. A spaghetti measurer cuts down the guesswork for how much spaghetti you ought to boil per serving.
14. A pot guard is perfect for propping your lid when simmering.
15. Consider a cutting board that has compartments for easy storage and transfer.
16. Peel a whole head of garlic in a matter of seconds by separating the cloves into a bowl. Then, use a second bowl to cover the top, and give it a good shake.
17. A see-through toaster makes burnt toast a thing of the past.
18. Remove tea and coffee stains in mugs with water and a little bit of baking soda.
Pour some baking soda on a towel and scrub inside the cup. Rinse with water and see the stains dissolve!
19. Get all that minced garlic off your knife with this handy knife-gliding invention.
20. These stemware tethers protect your precious wineglasses in the dishwasher.
21. Store pot lids like a genius using adhesive hooks.
22. Revive stale bread by running the loaf under water and putting it in the oven for a few minutes.
23. Keep your drain-cleaning sponge separate from you dish-cleaning sponge with a double-tiered sponge holder.
Always allow your sponge to dry completely to avoid bacterial growth.
24. Get rid of strong smells (fish, onion, garlic) from your hands by washing them with a stainless steel spoon.
Or purchase a steel soap bar.
25. Prevent cross-contamination with indexed cutting boards.
26. Make a death trap for fruit flies by putting some apple cider vinegar in a glass. Roll up a sheet of paper like a funnel and place it in on top.
The fruit flies will fly in, but they won’t fly out.
We've got your WKND covered.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.