Jones recently admitted on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel that staying a virgin has been harder than training for the Olympics, especially as she’s gotten older. She’s a devout Christian, and wants to wait until marriage.
Unlike another famous virgin athlete, Tim Tebow, who has the personality of a lukewarm cooler of Gatorade, Lolo is funny, charming, humble, and wry. Instead of a brash obnoxious professional athlete, she’s like your funniest single BFF whose career comes before dating, and is able to joke about it.
I’m totally charmed. Can an Astronaut Mike Dexter please step forward for this gorgeous woman?
25. Lolo Jones discussing remaining a virgin on “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel”:
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.