Apparently, Kim Basinger dated Prince around 1989 (who knew?!) while he was doing the soundtrack for “Batman”. They collaborated at least once when she did some vocals for a remix of one of the soundtrack songs. She recorded a full album of Prince-y sounding songs, but it was never released.
However, there appears to be a large controversy over whether or not Prince was actually involved in this abomination. Over on the fanforum Prince.org, there’s a raging debate about whether or not he actually produced this. Since the album was never officially released, there’s no list of producer credits.
While we’ll never know for sure what happened, we can always enjoy reading people argue on a messageboard in unironic “Princebonics” (using “U” instead of you, etc):
Now if you WANT 2 believe it so much that u think u know better than Per Nielsen or BorisFishPaw, we can’t prevent you from believing what u want.
And we can enjoy these horrible, horrible, terrible songs:
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- christinaseamanm thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Fail
- vespo thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Fail
- Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- deyaniram thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Fail
- amandah12 thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Trashy & Fail
- mentalfloss.com readers just made Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album hotter
- Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- KevinWilliams thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Fail
- Whitney Jefferson thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is OMG
- necromancer1982 thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is LOL, WTF & Fail
- Ludogsonthemoon thinks Kim Basinger's Awful 1989 Album is Fail
Prince released a little something called the Scandalous Sex Suite, which was released in it’s entirety in Japan as an EP…I think. Kim was featured on at least one of the tracks. If I remember right her contribution had something to do with sexy vocals about which position she liked. Yeah, super classy. No one will know for sure. Chatty mouth Prince will never say. BUT “Come On’ ‘Will U Stay With Me’ sound like Prince throwaways from the Starfish & Coffee era, if you ask me. The other tracks are easy New Jack Swing generic tracks that Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam could have recorded. My 2 cents.