Designer Asher Levine shows off the iPhone app that GPS tracks your missing gloves.
The Asher Levine fashion show got off to a rocky start. First the open bar ran out of ice, then the complicated non-traditional seating assignments led to a near riot. But things got interesting when a man walked onto the stage and announce that after the runway show there would be a technology demonstration.
The collection is a mix of highly wearable coats and blazers and fantastical pieces like a jacket with protruding angel wings. Levine, only 24, has had his designs worn by Lady Gaga, the Black Eyed Peas. His last collection included pieces that used the Makerbot 3-D printing.
The techology element is a small dog-tag sized device that is slipped into a piece of luggage, gloves, or other clothing that tracks with GPS through an app on your smartphone. If your coat or gloves gets more than 30 feet away from you, your phone starts beeping.
The Tracker app, made by Phone Halo, is already available for purchase for things like keychains and other valuables. However, the small chip that Phone Halo offers is nowhere near as stylish as Levine’s. And of course, you want your GPS chip to match your bag, right?
3. Stick this in your bag and never lose it at the airport
The device itself is the small dogtag sized item that locks into this customized slim carrier with raised studs that match the weekend bag.
4. And obviously if you had these to warm your hands you wouldn’t want to misplace them either.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- Walt Jabsco Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... and thinks it’s Win
- J.E.W. thinks Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... is WTF
- simone2045 Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N...
- brittahope Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... and thinks it’s Win
- elvisdepressley thinks Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... is Win & OMG
- akatobi2002 thinks Asher Levine Wants To Make Sure You N... is WTF