The WWE announced on its site that William Moody, best known as “Paul Bearer”, passed away Tuesday night. Paul Bearer was The Undertaker’s manager, his gimmick being a play on Moody’s actual experience as mortician. He first debuted with the WWE in 1990, and worked on and off for the WWE until just recently.
His over the top makeup and “ooooh yes” catchphrase made him a fan favorite, even as a heel. Unquestionably, Paul Bearer was the most popular manager in wrestling history. Details about the cause of death have not yet been released, though he suffered poor health for a number of years. He was 58.
4. Urn talk:
11. The classic 1991 “Funeral Parlor” match where Undertaker stuffs The Ultimate Warrior in a coffin:
12. BONUS: Paul Bearer partying with Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and The Undertaker:
- Zimbabwe's environment minister has called for Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed Cecil the lion, to be extradited over the animal's death.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.
- A BuzzFeed News investigation lifts the lid on a security scandal that the police and MI5 tried to keep secret.