1. Paul Bearer hoisting his beloved urn:
The WWE announced on its site that William Moody, best known as “Paul Bearer”, passed away Tuesday night. Paul Bearer was The Undertaker’s manager, his gimmick being a play on Moody’s actual experience as mortician. He first debuted with the WWE in 1990, and worked on and off for the WWE until just recently.
His over the top makeup and “ooooh yes” catchphrase made him a fan favorite, even as a heel. Unquestionably, Paul Bearer was the most popular manager in wrestling history. Details about the cause of death have not yet been released, though he suffered poor health for a number of years. He was 58.
4. Urn talk:
10. It also sometimes got complicated with Taker:
11. The classic 1991 “Funeral Parlor” match where Undertaker stuffs The Ultimate Warrior in a coffin:
12. BONUS: Paul Bearer partying with Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and The Undertaker:
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›