The WWE announced on its site that William Moody, best known as “Paul Bearer”, passed away Tuesday night. Paul Bearer was The Undertaker’s manager, his gimmick being a play on Moody’s actual experience as mortician. He first debuted with the WWE in 1990, and worked on and off for the WWE until just recently.
His over the top makeup and “ooooh yes” catchphrase made him a fan favorite, even as a heel. Unquestionably, Paul Bearer was the most popular manager in wrestling history. Details about the cause of death have not yet been released, though he suffered poor health for a number of years. He was 58.
4. Urn talk:
11. The classic 1991 “Funeral Parlor” match where Undertaker stuffs The Ultimate Warrior in a coffin:
12. BONUS: Paul Bearer partying with Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and The Undertaker:
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.