1. The Cornershop in London is an exhibition from 28-year-old Lucy Sparrow featuring all the items you’d find in a typical store.
What started as a Kickstarter and rundown shop is now a space brimming with 4,000 hand-sewn felt versions of groceries and other items — sewn by Sparrow and her assistant — and will be on display for the month of August.
8. There are everyday needs, like toothpaste…
10. …and for when your butt liquifies.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.