1. Sea otters are the smallest marine mammal.
4. Sea otters’ magnificent whiskers earned them the nickname, “old man of the sea.”
5. They also have a pouch under their forearm to store food and their favorite rocks.
“THIS IS MY ROCK. THERE ARE MANY LIKE HIM BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.”
6. They use these rocks to smash open clams and mussels they snatch from the ocean floor.
7. Sleepy sea otters hold hands so they don’t drift apart while they nap.
9. Baby sea otters are called pups and they are the cutest, fuzziest snuggle bears on Earth.
11. Pups can’t swim so sea otter moms have to carry their babies on their bellies.
12. Sea otters are super smart and they can learn tons of tricks.
He should play for the Harlem Globe Otters. Lol.
13. When sea otters drift in a group it’s called a raft.
14. They don’t need to live in these groups for protection so when they’re together, it’s cause they like hangin’ out with each other!
15. Their smiles are the most adorable thing in the world.
17. Laughing sea otters make the world an infinitely better place.
18. When they’re tired, they make cute little blankets out of kelp to anchor themselves down.
19. They eat sea urchins which helps keep kelp forests in tact.
SAVE THE KELP.
20. Sea otters take naps with their little paws covering their eyes.
22. If that wasn’t enough to convince you, check out Walter the rescued sea otter who didn’t let blindness get him down.
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›