1. Ryan and Gabrielle are top ten finalists in Duck Brand’s competition to make prom outfits with duct tape and now their final position is based on community votes.
2. Ryan said that renting a tux for last year’s prom cost him close to $250, but using 13 rolls of duct tape has only cost the couple $65.
3. The couple spent 59 hours creating their outfits. The top three winners of the competition are awarded scholarships of $10,000 $5,000 and $3,000 respectively.
4. The most awesome feature of their Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan inspired costumes, is that they actually glow in the dark.
- The person suspected of shooting several people at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs is in police custody, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›