1. Ryan and Gabrielle are top ten finalists in Duck Brand’s competition to make prom outfits with duct tape and now their final position is based on community votes.
2. Ryan said that renting a tux for last year’s prom cost him close to $250, but using 13 rolls of duct tape has only cost the couple $65.
3. The couple spent 59 hours creating their outfits. The top three winners of the competition are awarded scholarships of $10,000 $5,000 and $3,000 respectively.
4. The most awesome feature of their Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan inspired costumes, is that they actually glow in the dark.
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›