1. Ryan and Gabrielle are top ten finalists in Duck Brand’s competition to make prom outfits with duct tape and now their final position is based on community votes.
2. Ryan said that renting a tux for last year’s prom cost him close to $250, but using 13 rolls of duct tape has only cost the couple $65.
3. The couple spent 59 hours creating their outfits. The top three winners of the competition are awarded scholarships of $10,000 $5,000 and $3,000 respectively.
4. The most awesome feature of their Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan inspired costumes, is that they actually glow in the dark.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.